About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Decathlon

Its a rainy drizzly day in Vedano.

Several people have been mentioning a sporting goods store called Decathlon, so I thought I would go check it out. What a great store! It's kind of like a Walmart for sporting goods. They don't necessarily have big brand name goods, but they have Italian goods and great prices for every sport you can think of, recreational or competitive. I found some great fitting cycling jerseys and some hiking pants for Brandon (the light weight pants that zip off into shorts).

I spent a good part of the afternoon trying to come up with a plan for our Croatia - Slovenia road trip at the end of June. To hit all that we want to see, time it with a couple of the ferries we need to take and be able to get home in time has been a bit of a puzzle. I think I have a basic plan figured out. Hopefully all the details (hotels specifically) will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment