About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Graffiti

I woke up feeling very frustrated today. In November 2008 I signed up for Weight Watchers and was able to lose about 20lbs by the time we moved to Italy in April 2009. Amazingly, I was able to keep all or most of the 20lbs from returning for the first 7 months we were here. In November my weight start creeping back up, until today when I weighed in at -3lbs.

In April I was able to buy new jeans and some new shirts for Italy. Now they are tight and make me feel uncomfortable. Ugh!



Grafitti. It's a big problem in Italy. I was amazed at how much grafitt there is in Italy. At first I thought it was just because we live in a city, even if we are in the suburbs. Then I realized that it is everywhere. I'm not sure what the anti-grafitti laws are, but they don't seem to be working.

Katrina saved us from a potential weekend hotel disaster. I booked a hotel in Bolzano, near the Dolomites, for this coming weekend. Last night I printed out the email confirmation. Katrina looked it over this morning and noticed that I it was only good for Friday night. We planned on staying two nights. After checking my old emails, I realized I made a mistake. I contacted the hotel. Thankfully the room was available for two nights.

Brandon and I had a productive Italian lesson this afternoon. Rosella seemed pleased with our progress. We finished off the lesson with a game of Skopa. Its a an ancient card game. Fun!

After our lesson Brandon noticed that it was lightly snowing outside. Then Katrina called to tell us she was on her way home and that it was snowing in Agrate.

I made lemon pepper fish with risotto milanese for dinner this evening. We tried a white wine, Gewurtztraminer, from the SudTirol area of Italy. In fact, that is the area we will be visiting this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment