About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

9 Months

We woke up to thick fog this morning. The forecast calls for a sunny day with a high of 10c = 50 degrees. Hopefully the fog burns off and the forecast is correct.

Katrina dropped Brandon off at school then walked into downtown Vedano to meet a couple of women (from the Benvenuto Club) for coffee. I went to Auchan to stock up on a few groceries.

The sun was beginning to shine by the time I arrived back home. Katrina headed off to work and I began my usual Monday: laundry, clean the house, bike ride, etc.

I am now at 4 days without Coca Cola. I feel pretty strong about it right now. I had headaches the first two days, but they seem to be gone now. I almost grabbed a Coke in the checkout lane in Auchan - totally out of habit.

This evening we had beef and bean burrito for dinner. Tasty, tasty! After dinner we went into Monza for the Monday night English movie, A Christmas Carol. We were disappointed. It was much darker and scarier than we would have liked. I thought the way they approached the story was a bit too adult for kids to follow.

We have been in Italy for 9 months now. Its hard to believe, yet it seems so normal to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment