About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snow!




We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. The grass, trees and roads were all white. Brandon was so excited, he was ready to leave for school 10 minutes early. He threw snowballs at me all the way to school. He is also excited to have a full day today and a half day tomorrow, then winter break.





Katrina and I spent part of the morning cleaning the house. Katrina friend, Mike Spangler and his wife Rita, will be arriving later today and will spend two nights with us. Katrina knew Mike from her teen years in Denver. I knew him as well, but not as well as Katrina and her gang of friends.

I've got a feeling that today will not be a good day to bike ride. Its 10:30 and the temperature is only .5 celcius and there is still snow on the ground. The cold doesn't bother me, but wet and potentially icy roads do.

This afternoon I finished cleaning the house, visited the supermarket for a few items and stopped at the bank to deposit some money into our Italian account.

The high today only reached 2 celcius, so even the tiny bit of snow we enjoyed this morning took most of the day to melt. It was almost all gone by late afternoon.

Mike and Rita Spangler arrived at our house around 6pm. I haven't seen Mike in many many years, probaby over 10 years. Katrina arrived home at her usual time. We chatted for awhile then headed out to dinner. I had my first steak since we arrived in Italy. It was a very nice change from pasta or pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment