About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Brrrrr

It was -2.5 celcius (25F) when we woke up this morning. Brrrr. Everything is frosty white outside. I'm glad I disconnected the hose on the balcony.

Katrina and I drove into Monza to see if the Christmas market was open. It was, so we did a little shopping. Katrina was looking for a hat. She found one and I found a pullover neck/head and face warmer for my rides. I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing it today. We also bought some pretzels from the German booth, one for each of us. Brandon will be excited when I give him a pretzel after school.

It was 10:40 when we finished shopping. Katrina had an 11:30 work meeting, so it was easiest for me to just drop her off at work.

After returning home I went for a bike ride. Today I rode my usual 40km route to Lurago di Erba and back. I'm not sure I like my new head warmer. Its comfortable, but I feel a bit 'confined' in it. I feel like my vision and hearing are restricted. Most of the other cyclists are wearing similiar clothing, so maybe I will get more comfortable with it over time.

I spent some time studying my Italian this afternoon. My goal is to study Italian for 15 minutes a day. Not a lot, but its more than I have been studying...which has been 0 minutes.

This evening we had bean burritos and spanish rice for dinner. Yes, we had bean burritos two nights ago, but they are so delicious in the land of pasta and pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment