About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

No Snow

For the last several days the forecast has called for 5 - 10 inches of snow for today. Even last night it was predicting snow. This morning there is no snow and the forecast says it will be mostly cloudy with some sun and a high of 4 celcius = 38F. We are so bummed. We wanted snow.

Katrina went to bed early last night and is still sleeping as I write this...9am. She wants me to wake her around 10am. I walked Brandon to school again this morning.

Brandon has his first of three Christmas Choir performances this afternoon. Today they perform for the 1st and 2nd grade classes and parents.

Brandon and I had an interesting conversation. He told me he is ready to go home..as in Oregon. Hmmm?!?!

I went for a bike ride at lunch time. It was only 4 degrees out, but I was warm enough. As long as there isn't any wind, I'm usually fine. I chose to ride my normal route to Lurago di Erba and back - 40 km. I even spotted a few random snowflakes coming down at one point. If only we could have had the 5 - 10 inches they were predicting. I guess dry roads means more riding!

I made a vet appointment for Stevie for next Monday. We need to make sure he stays current on his shots so that we don't have any problems when we return to the US.

When I picked Brandon up at school he was in good spirits. They had their first of three Christmas concerts this afternoon. His hair was all slicked back with gel since they are doing a 50's Christmas theme. I will post pictures soon.

We had tortellinis with basil pomodoro sauce and Buttafuoco ride wine for dinner this evening.

After dinner Brandon and I wrestled for awhile. He is now reading with Katrina before bedtime.

Tomorrow afternoon we get to see him sing with the Christmas choir. I think Katrina has decided to work from home tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Brandon is missing his friends and class mates in Corvallis! One good thing it is only a temprary stay in Italy:)

    ReplyDelete