About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Immaculate Conception Day

Today is Immaculate Conception Day in Italy. One of many Catholic Holidays here in Italy. Schools and many businesses are closed today. Brandon has enjoyed a four day weekend.

We enjoyed an email from Katrina this morning. She had a busy day of work, a little shopping and dinner with a coworker from HP. All this after not sleeping all that well the night before. Jetlag is so much fun!!

I have been a fan of cycling since I was a teenager. I've always been a fan of the American pro cycling teams: 7/11, Saturn, Motorola, US Postal, Discovery, Garmin and Columbia. I've also been a fan of several American cyclists: Greg Lemond, Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, and Lance Armstrong, just to name a few.

I think Greg Lemond was one of the original American cycling heroes who cleared the trail for todays American cyclists, like Lance (Yes, I know Greg and Lance don't like each other). Anyway, I was very excited to see the return of Lance to the pro tour and was interested to see how he would do. I was even lucky enough to see him race in the Milan stage of the Giro d'Italia this past May. I was even more excited to see him place 3rd in the Tour de France.

Now I can't wait to see how the new American based team he is building will do in the coming year - Team Radioshack. The team started its December training camp in Tuscon yesterday. Today they introduced their new Team Radioshack Kit (jersey). I am looking forward to the debut of this team at the Tour of Australia in January.

Brandon and I ended up having a wonderfully lazy day at home. We wrestled. I read my book while he played Club Penguin. We watched some TV. He practiced for his Aikido test tomorrow.

I received an email from Katrina this evening. She is having a good time, is busy and is tired from jetlag. She has eaten at several restaurants, except for the one that was tops on her list - Qdoba. I would head there straight from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment