About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Martedi

We woke up to cloudy skies and some fog this morning. I hope the forecast is correct and the sun comes out later.

I went for a 25 km bike ride on my new Pinarello this morning. It was a cold ride at only 8 degrees celcius = 46f. My toes were pretty cold by the time I arrived home. I made need to get some winter shoe covers for them. I felt a lot more comfortable this morning, but still need a lot more time on this bike before I race down the hills at full speed. This bike is very responsive, even when I don't intend it to be. I caught myself looking at scenery on my right and drifting pretty quickly to the left several times. That rarely happened on my Burley. I am amazed at how many cyclists are out riding on cold winter days. Its inspiring to know I am not the only one. I've seen several teams out riding on various roads and have heard that the winter training camps have begun.

Katrina had her last Italian lesson this morning. She was pretty happy about it. Although learning Italian has been very important in making our lives easier, the lessons have taken a lot of time out of her already busy weekly schedule. Now she will have two more mornings a week free. I am hoping Rosella will agree to combine my remaining lessons with Brandon's lessons. We are essentially learning the same thing right now and are doing the same homework, so why not have class together.

...

Rosella agreed that Brandon and I can do our lessons together. She even thought it would be better for us to work together. So, we will begin after school today.



Late fall in Vedano...looking out from our balcony.

Brandon and I had a good lesson this afternoon. We had three contests to see who knew the most vocabulary words. He won all three!!

No comments:

Post a Comment