About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Italian Thursday

Katrina and Laurie spent the night in Verona. Today they will take the train to Padova. Carolyn and Heather will be heading to Torino.

Brandon and I are home. It was a sunny but very chilly walk to school today. The temperature was 2 celcius, almost freezing. We noticed a lot of frost on the ground this morning.

I had a pretty good Italian lesson this morning. We are working on general conversation. I think I have approximately 17 lessons left. Katrina only has about 4 - 5 lessons left.

This afternoon I volunteered in Brandon's classroom for the first time. I will be volunteering every Thursday afternoon from 1:15 - 3:30pm. Ms. Partridge had me read one on one with the children for about 15 minutes each. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I most enjoyed listening to their accents as they read. They are so cute. Imagine international children (today it was mostly Italian girls) reading English with a bit of a British accent. Since most of the teachers are British, the kids tend to pickup the British accent. I am looking forward to the next few months of Thursday reading time.

While Brandon had his Italian lesson this afternoon, I worked on getting us packed up for our three day weekend in Venice. Brandon will take tomorrow off from school so we can drive to Venice and meet up with the rest of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment