About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another Sunny Day - and A New Car

We woke up to another sunny day in Vedano. We had to wakeup early this morning.

Brandon and I took Katrina and Laurie to Sesto San Giovanni so they could catch the Metro to Milano Centrale. They are taking the train to Verona and Padua for the next two nights - sister time. We will all meet up again on Friday in Venice.

After dropping them off I drove Brandon to school.

Its very quiet around the house today. I spent the morning doing some laundry and cleaning up around the house. I also ran to the post office and for a haircut. The haircut was great. I am amazed at how much more conversation I have with my barber each time I visit. He only speaks a couple of words in English, so I get to really practice my Italian. We talked about vacations, Christmas, sports and Brandon. Brandon normally gets his haircut there as well, so the barber knows him.

Woohoo! I received my latest copy of Model Railroader today. While I haven't been doing any modeling lately, its cool to keep up with the hobby.

I picked Brandon up after his Aikido class and we drove to Linate to trade our car in. It has an issue with the front brakes and also began to get difficult to start in the last few days. Our new car, a silver Ford Fusion. This is car number 5 in 7 months. I will post a picture when I can get one, maybe tomorrow. It was dark by the time we arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment