About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What to do Wednesday?

Katrina woke us up at the usual time of 7:45. I usually get Brandon ready for school while Katrina showers and dresses so she can walk him. Today I got ready for a bike ride while Katrina made sure Brandon was ready for school. Brandon and I rode bikes to school, then I headed off on my ride.

I rode 44km roundtrip to the edge of Lecco and back. My legs felt stiff and tight at the beginning of the ride. Overall it was a good ride, but I had troubles getting into a good rythym.

I picked up Brandon at 3:30 and we rode into Vedano for granite. After finishing them, we rode into Parco di Monza to checkout the action at the Autodromo. No entrance today. Usually the Autodromo is open to walkers and bicyclists, but the gates were all closed and had security guards on post. Even though the track was full of trucks on Sunday, more keep rolling in every day. The Formula 1 race is a huge event. I noticed street barriers and porta-pots being staged all over Vedano today. The craziness begins on Friday. We get to experience it on Saturday!

Went for a walk this evening to get some fresh air and clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment