About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hoses

The other day I had to buy a new hose for our water faucet on the balcony.  Buying a hose should be simple and straightforward...right?  Well, not so much in Italy. 

I found out that, just like electrical plugs, there are different hose adapters one might need to actually connect to the faucet.  All the hoses I saw at two different stores did not have ends on them.  Yes, they sell the regular garden variety hoses, just without ends.  One must figure out what type of end connector you want or need then choose from a wide variety on the display.  Its funny and interesting how, even simple things that we take for granted and never really think about, can be so different in a new culture.

We all slept in quite a bit this morning.  Katrina and I woke up around 8:45.  Brandon slept until almost 9:30. 

It rained a bit this morning.  First time I have seen it rain in several weeks. 

We all played a bit of Wii this morning.  Its a lot of fun and we have good times. 

Katrina wanted to walk over to Villa Reale to see and art exhibit this afternoon.  I talked her into getting some pizza for lunch, so we walked over to the cafe in Parco di Monza. 

After lunch Katrina went to her exhibit and I went for a walk around the park while Brandon rode his scooter.  About an hour later Katrina texted us that she was finished, so we met at the park gate and visited our favorite gelataria.  I tried a new flavor today - canella.  Its very good.

I decided to go do some shopping at Auchan this afternoon.  First off, I had to check online to see if they were even open.  They only seem to be open on every other Sunday, unless a holiday pops up.  They were open.  I wanted a few more flowers to fill out the balcony wall and we needed a few things. 

I cannot believe we have been here for 20 weeks.  20 weeks!  It seems like time has flown by so fast.  I also seems like a long time ago when Brandon was in school, yet he starts back this coming week and that seems so soon.  Its been a very good 20 weeks.  We've had some ups and downs, adjustments to be made and Italian to always figure out.  We jokingly ask Brandon if he is ready to go home yet and he has always said no.  We like it here.  It is an experience we may never have again, so we are trying to take advantage of every moment. 

I watched a movie this evening, The 14 year old Virgin.  Katrina read and Brandon went to bed on time.  He starts school this week and needs to get back on a schedule. 

20 Week Gelati Count = 108
20 Week Wine Bottle Count = 17

1 comment: