About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

From the Alps to Mountains of Laundry

Our first day back at home. I slept until almost 8am. Katrina was getting ready for the day when I got up. She had her Italian lesson at 9. I got dressed and headed out for a bike ride.

I forgot my cell phone, so decided to stay close and ride laps in Parco di Monza. 6 laps = 40 km. Not a bad ride, especially after 13 days of vacation.

After returning home from my ride I showered and began unpacking. Most of our clothes turned into a mountain of laundry. Not as pretty as the Alps...and the Alps smelled a bit fresher.

Brandon and I also walked over to Punto for some groceries so that we could eat some lunch and dinner.

This afternoon Brandon and I had our Italian lessons. For most of the time we took a fieldtrip with Rosella to a store a couple towns away. It was a nursery and pet store. Lots of house plants, garden supplies and pet supplies. We slowly worked our way through the store practicing our Italian. Brandon and Rosella stopped at the snack bar for gelato. Before leaving the store, Brandon and I picked out some fresh flowers for Katrina and some grass for Stevie to chew on.

This evening we had warm bean salad with tuna and some red wine. It is one of our favorite recipes in our Italian cookbook...and its simple.

Two loads of laundry done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment