About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tired and Tense

Molti giovani trascorrono le vacanze estive a Rimini - Many young people spend their summer vacation in Rimini.

I woke up early and went downstairs to see if the car was gone. It was not. I unlocked and opened the garage so that it would be easy to exit, just in case they parked it in the wrong garage (that is assuming Katrina accidently left it open).

I ran to Auchan while Katrina had her Italian lesson. Brandon was still sleeping at 9am when I left.

11:37am and the car is still in our garage. We let the portania (doorman) know and he is going to try and figure out who's car it is.

Coke, its the real thing! Remember that slogan? Well, as far as we can tell it is the real thing in Italy. Mike thinks that Coca Cola tastes so much better here. We are not 100% sure why, but Mike's theory is that they use actual sugar here, not corn syrup. He maybe right. All I know is that my consumption of Coca Cola has gone up quite a bit since we moved here. That is probably a really bad thing, but right now it makes me happy.

1:30pm and the mystery car is still in our garage. I think I know which garage it now belongs to. There is a garage two doors down that has had its door open for two days now. I think that person accidently pulled into our garage and doesn't realize it. Who this person is, I don't know?

Brandon and I had our Italian lessons this afternoon. Brandon's seemed to go well. I'm struggling a bit with my past tense grammar.

I'm feeling a bit frustrated this afternoon. Not sure why? Just a little overwhelmed by my day in general.

Our temporary Portania (Anna is on vacation) figured out who's car is in our garage. It took him all day, but he did it. The car is still there, but the story is somewhat logical, although the odds of it are funny. Katrina must have accidently left our garage door open. The green Ford Fiesta driver was in a hurry and didn't pay attention to which garage he/she was pulling into. Their garage is two doors down and was sitting open as well. Well, the Ford Fiesta driver was in a hurry to get to London. So, their car sits in our garage until they return from London tomorrow. Simple explanation. What are the odds??

I made Pappardelle con Salsiccia e Piselli for dinner, along with some red wine and Crystal Lite.

No comments:

Post a Comment