About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Car

I didn't sleep well last night. Insomnia. For some reason I've never really called it that. Like its something that 'other' people deal with, but not me. It's only a lack of sleep. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Katey non mette mai gli infradito - Katey never wears flip-flops.

Katrina was painting when I woke up...at 8am again. Our 8am wakeups on our trip became more of a habit than I realized. Katrina seems to have finished her second painting. She is so talented. I know she paints for personal herself, but I truly enjoy it and love the creations that come from her brush. Hopefully her paintings will adorn our walls alongside her photographs already there. Hmmm, I don't think my creative model train skills are suited for wall hanging.

I picked up some plums and oranges yesterday and just ate one of the plums for breakfast. Wow, that was good. Its great, and frustrating, to have fruit in the stores that is actually picked when it is ripe. The downside is that you can't keep it more than a day or two before it starts spoiling.

Brandon and I drove Katrina to work this morning, then headed to Linate to exchange our hail damaged car for another one. Ugh! The Monza Hertz office did not contact the Linate office about an exchange. So, because its vacation time in Italy, they only had two cars to choose from: a small SUV or a station wagon. I picked the wagon - a Astra. Its actually pretty stylish and only has 660 km on it. Its basically brand new.


Windshield damage from hailstorm. The hood and roof of the car had multiple dents.

I had nice chats on FB with Julia and Katey this afternoon. I really enjoy keeping up with friends from home and from days gone by.

Brandon and I drove over to pickup Katrina at work then headed to IKEA for dinner and to pickup a few things.

Honestly, I don't like having a car for the day much anymore. All it does is tire me out. I thought I was going to lose some independence when we shifted down to one vehicle, but I don't feel that way anymore. Its funny how life sorts itself out sometimes...if we just let things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment