About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lunedi

Kate passera' il fine settimana a Napoli - Kate wil spend her weekend in Naples.

Its a sunny morning in Vedano: partly sunny with a shower, high 24c.

Katrina woke up first as usual but lost track of time and woke Brandon and I up about 15 min late. I helped Brandon get ready for the day. Only 3 1/2 days of school left.

Katrina spent some time working on her painting. I'm impressed. She has some definite artistic skills...as if we didn't already know that. I spent most of my morning working on yesterdays blog entry and doing household chores while photos were uploading to my blog. I also worked on putting an IKEA file cabinet together.

Its almost noon and I still haven't thought about getting dressed for the day. Its a nice cool morning. We have a nice breeze blowing through the apartment. Very comfortable.

I just rode my bike over to the post office in Vedano. Wow, a 40mn roundtrip walk was just cut to 15mn roundtrip.

Lunch: watermelon from the south of Italy. Wow!

I spent some more time figuring out travel plans for the third leg of our July vacation. So far we are flying to Amsterdam and staying for 3 nights. Next we take the ICE train to Dusseldorf Germany, then take another train to Bacharach in the Rhine River Valley. We stay there for 3 nights. I am now working on train reservations and hotel reservations in Heidelberg Germany.

I picked Brandon up at school then we stopped at Supermercato Punto on the way home to get a few groceries we needed. It is such a nice day. Sunny, but not too hot and not humid.




















Brandon and I decided to go for a bike ride in Parco di Monza. Brandon set the course and we had a good time...some pavement and some single track.

We had spinach ravioli's with percorino sauce and salad for dinner tonight. No special recipes tonight, just store bought ravioli.

I had to head to Auchan this evening so that Brandon would sleep in his room. Yes, Brandon keeps ending up in our room or in the living room. No, I didn't buy a gate to keep him locked in his room. I bought a fan. His room gets very hot. We can't leave his window open because he gets eaten alive by mosquitos. Remember, Italian windows don't have screens on them. So, a fan is what I bought to keep him cool and in his room.


Katrina and Brandon started reading the first book in the Harry Potter series before bed tonight. I think Brandon is going to enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment