About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday - Giovedi

Italian phrase: Shawn non mangia carne perche' e' vegetariana - Shawn doesn't eat meat because he's vegetarian.

We woke up to a very humid morning. Today's forecast calls for sun and clouds with a thunderstorm, high of 28c.

I checked out a new Auchan store that we haven't been to while Katrina was having her Italian lesson. My lesson followed hers, as usual. We worked on some vocabulary and some basic conversation.

This afternoon I received confirmation of our Amsterdam reservations, so I booked our flight. Now I need to work on the second half of the week. We have changed our plans and will go to Germany instead of Denmark. I need to figure out where we want to go and what trains we take to get there.




I kept promising to post a picture of our car and I kept forgetting to take one. Well here it is, our Fiat Idea (eedaya as pronounced in Italian). It's turning radius is amazing. It drives pretty well and we are continually amazed by how much IKEA furniture we can fit in it. The back seats fold down flat. We had one box in which one back seat was down and the front passenger seat was all the way forward with Katrina's knees against the dashboard.

Brandon had his Italian lesson after school today. It went very well. As much as I hate to say it, he's actually catching up to me. He'll be speaking Italian pretty well by fall.

We decided to head over to Mexicali for dinner this evening. Katrina and I shared some fajitas. Brandon had a burger and fries.

So another day in Italy comes to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment