About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Hot and Humid Friday

It's Friday!! It looks to be another warm and humid day: partly sunny, high of 28c = 86 degrees.

Italian phrase for today: Il macellaio taglia le bistecche - The butcher cuts the beefsteaks.

We have so many birds around our house. We hear them chirping all day and all night...constantly. Its a nice background sound for our apartment. Makes you feel a little less in the city, even with the traffic noise from Viale Brianza.

I spent some time looking at train schedules for our day trip to Pavia tomorrow. Sometimes trains are great and inexpensive. Sometimes they are not. It would cost us about e40 RT to take the train from Milan to Pavia - about 30 minutes away. It will now become a driving day trip.

I drove Katrina to work today. We had to stop on the way to renew our Hertz rental contract for another month. Katrina and Mike have their office in the rounded part of the building.



After dropping Katrina off I stopped at a nursery to look at plants for our balcony. I was specifically looking for a boganvilla plant for the trellis. I had spotted one a couple of weeks ago in downtown Monza, but it was a bit pricey. This nursery had one for half the price, so I bought one. I spent about an hour this afternoon planting it in the big planter and tying all the branches to the trellis on the balcony.



Late this afternoon I headed out to find a watering can and the model shop in Lissone, then next town over. I found both, but the model shop was on its 2 hour lunch shut down. I ran over to pickup Brandon at school, then we headed back to the model shop. They had RC cars and planes, some model ships and a little section of trains. I picked up a few HO scale Smart Cars.

Brandon and I then headed to Agrate to pickup Katrina at work. We had to stop at Hertz, for the second time today, to complete the rental agreement for the next month.

This evening we had tortellini's with pesto sauce and some white wine. Yummy, but a little heavy on such a hot evening.

Many thanks to Mike's girlfriend Jen who is back in Italy for 3 weeks. She brought us three tubes of Wylers drink mix and several packets of taco seasoning. THANKYOU JEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment