About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday - Venerdi

Forecast for Friday: partly sunny, high 28c = 86 degrees.

Italian phrase: Faccio sempre la spesa al mercato - I always do my grocery shopping at the market.

Brandon participated in field day at school, held on the athletic fields of the high school a few blocks north in Vedano. They assign the kids to teams. Brandon was assigned to the 'blue' team.

I am longing for a plate of Qdoba nachos, and its only 8:30am. Somehow I doubt they would ship to very well to Italy.

I drove Katrina to work today. Its becoming a regular routine for me to keep the car on Fridays. It gives me a little more freedom to run some errands and explore a bit. I stopped at the Modelismo shop to look at a model ship I am thinking about building. Apparently I am not 100% decided yet because I walked out of the shop empty handed. I also stopped at IKEA to pickup a pitcher. IKEA is the only store we have been able to find one. Since they don't have any drink mixes or frozen juices in the supermarkets, I guess there isn't much of a market for pitchers. I wanted one for the Crystal Light a couple of friends have so generously given us. I also bought a plant for the house, a soap dispenser for the bathroom and a clothes hamper. Its impossible to walk out of IKEA with only the items you planned on buying.

Wooohooo. I just made our first pitcher of Wylers pink lemonade!

I've got Matt Nathanson playing in the background and the house is nice and cool.





Brandon was all smiles and wearing a medal when I picked him up at school today. His 'blue' team took first place during Field Day. The days events included: the penalty kick, the target shoot with a velcro ball, the over under race with a football, the sprint race, a bean bag toss, the standing jump and a few other events. Brandon sounds like he had a blast. When I picked Brandon up at school, the parent organization was selling cold snacks - granitas, ice cream sandwiches, croissants, fruit cups and other goodies. Brandon had a fragola granita and I had an ice cream sandwich.

I chatted with my sister in law Laurie for a few minutes this afternoon. It is still weird that its morning in the US and evening here in Italy. I can tell you your future for the next 9 hours....lol.

This evening Brandon and I drove over to Parco di Monza so that he could play until Katrina called to be picked up.

We had a truly fine Italian dish of hamburgers and fries for dinner, followed by a walk over to visit our favorite gelateria. We spent the evening packing for our weekend trip to Venice.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I signed in to follow your blog, couldn'g get my picture to upload. Let's see if the comment is taken now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo Hoooooo!
    I really do like your blog....helps me experience your experiences, experimentally and vicariously....:-)
    Love and miss you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, sounds like you have alot going on. I'm working on "no TV", so I can cut my cable cost and took sometime today to visit your blog. I didn't have the time before as I was busy with all of lifes stuff. Miss you both at the train club, things are busy there and more new members. We are having a warm spell here, but the garden likes it. Hi to all and enjoy.

    Bill Krueger

    ReplyDelete