About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Italy Update

Our move to Italy is getting closer each week. We are still not sure what the exact move date is, but the window in which we will move seems to be narrowing down quite a bit.

Katrina checked the tracking on her Visa. It showed that it was mailed back to us. We hope that it will be a stamped and approved Visa, not just a request for missing paperwork.

If it is approved, then our lives will kick into the next higher gear of preparation.

Currently I am starting to sort our belongings into two categories: 1) Going to Italy, and 2) Going into long term storage. This past weekend I was able to check a couple of 'to do' items off of our list. Our good friend Shawn will be keeping our canoe and gear stored for us. And, biggest of all, we sold our car. I thought I would have some feelings about that, but it hasn't seemed to faze me at all. It will be interesting to live with only one vehicle for a few weeks. I guess its good practice for Italy, since we will only have one car while we are there. I would love to get a scooter, but we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment