About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Italy Update



I spent the morning driving to Portland for an appointment with the Italian Consulate. This was my third visit to the consulate. I arrived about 20 min early, so I spent my time reading the Italian newspapers in the office. I'm amazed at how much I can read and understand. I'm also amazed at how much I still don't have a clue about.

The appointment went well. Mr Bartoloni read over the documents. We had two copies of one document. One in English and one translated into Italian. After checking the translation, he put his official stamp on the documents and I was on my way home, stopping to drop off the documents to Katrina at HP Corvallis. She was waiting, Fed Ex envelope in hand. Now the documents get mailed to our relocationt representative in Milan. She will hopefully have an appointment with Italian immigration next week and the work permits will be processed....fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment