About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Italian and Italy

I just finished lesson #9 of my online Italian classes. Whew, its a lot of work to learn a new language. I'm 'getting it' more and more each day. First I learned basic words...nouns...fairly easy to remember. Then we added the masculine/feminine into basic sentence structure. Challenging, but still ok. Then we added formal/informal to our sentence structure. Now its getting more and more challenging to remember all the variations. Its very challenging but I'm also finding it a lot of fun. It helps that I can go at my own pace and know that I am not being graded on it.

On the Italy front, new paperwork from HP and the vendor in Italy has been submitted to Olga, our immigration representative. We may get a 'work permit' answer this week or next week. I really feel like I need a final decision to be made, good or bad. If its good, then we can count on being in Italy by March 1st or so. If its bad news, then there will be a period of 'mourning' and frustration followed by 'getting on with our lives' in Corvallis.

No comments:

Post a Comment