About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Weight Watchers Update

I had my second Weight Watchers meeting this morning. I weighed in 1.4 lbs less than last week. Baby steps. I have to remind myself that I didn't put this weight on overnight and it won't come off overnight.

I usually feel good if I can lose 1 or 2 lbs a week. I need to focus this week. I was good on Halloween, eating only 5 pieces of candy and two slices of pizza for dinner. I was even good on Saturday. Sunday was a different story. While I was on track with my regular food points, I did catch myself eating too much candy. My problem is that I can't stop. One or two pieces leads to 3, 4, 5...and more.

The Weight Watchers group celebrated one members big milestone today. Frank, who has only been a member since June 23rd, surpassed the 100lbs lost milestone. Wow! It was very inspiring. I need to keep his success in my mind this week as I eat and exercise.

Speaking of exercise, last week I walked on the treadmill 6 times. I missed Sunday and beat myself up about it last night and this morning. This morning I got right back on the treadmill and increased the workout by one notch for my second week. Last week I walked for 39 minutes and ran for 1 minute each day. This week I will walk for 38 minutes and run for 2 minutes each day.

Keep on keeping on. Its my life, its now or never.

No comments:

Post a Comment