About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weight Watchers

So, I have jumped into the world of Weight Watchers. Its not the first time,but hopefully the last. I've always been a 'big guy'. That may sound like an excuse and a little cliche, but now I look back and realize that I was a 'big guy'. Not a fat guy. I wasn't skinny by any means, but I really wasn't fat. I don't really think I began to get 'fat' until my mid to late 20's.

As my blog description states, 40 has made me take a look at my life. Where I have been and where do I want to be in the next 40 years. What do I want more than anything in my life? I want to be healthy and live a long life as free of sickness, aches, pains and a long list of medications. I want to be healthy, not only for myself, but for Katrina. I want to see Brandon grow up and live his life.

Its been a long slow journey to my present weight. It didn't appear overnight and unfortunately it won't dissappear overnight.

I've been riding my bike 4-5 times a week since mid September. I ride 15-30 miles depending on the day. I have gained strength and some conditioning from the bike rides. What hurt at 15 miles a month ago, doesn't start hurting until I hit 25-30 miles now. Unfortunately, with all this extra exercise, I have not lost any weight. So, I guess I can call this stage 2 of my plan - getting my eating under control.

Yes, I find this tough to share with whomever may be reading my blog. I hope my friends and family will get a better glimpse of who I am through my struggles and my successes.

Well, I had my first Weight Watchers meeting this morning and weighed in. I am at an alltime high. I am not ready or willing to share my weight. BUT....I have a plan. I will continue to ride and walk on the treadmill. I will go to my weekly weigh in and meeting. I will limit my soda intake to eat outs only. I will share my weekly progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment