About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Cars 2 and da Vinci Days

We woke up to a sunny Friday morning!  Brandon slept in today.  No day camp on Fridays.

Since we returned from Italy I have lost 7lbs.  The only change I've made so far is to watch my portions and not snack as much.  It's been fairly easy so far since I've been so busy, I don't get bored and look for something to eat.  I've ridden twice this week (I'm a fair weather rider and it rained most of the week) and hope to ride more next week.

Brandon and I went to the matinee showing of Cars 2 this afternoon.  We had a good time and really enjoyed the international locations in the film.  Seeing all the small Italian Fiats was great!  We enjoyed the film and had a good time, but the first film was definitely better.  Oh, and we ate too much popcorn.  We both have stomach aches.  No popcorn next time!!...

I was working on assembling one of Katrina's shelves and realized the house was awful quiet.   checked on Brandon and found he asleep in his bed.   Naps for Brandon usually mean that he is not feeling well.  Hmmm.  He finally woke up at 5:30 after about two hours of napping.

I just purchased tickets to see one of our favorite singers, Matt Nathanson, at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland this October.  Can't wait to hear him live again.

This evening I watched a marathon of Swamp Loggers on the Discovery Channel.  Tomorrow Katrina has her second motorcycle class.  Brandon and I will be attending the da Vinci Days festival.




No comments:

Post a Comment