About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reading with Students

I spent part of my morning, as I usually do on Tuesdays, reading with Transition (kindergarten in the US) students.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I am amazed how much they have progressed since the beginning of year.  Several of them are now reading to me instead of me reading to them.  It's an amazing age of growth.  

I also ran a few errands and spent a few hours in the afternoon painting.  We agreed to paint two bedrooms and the master bath before moving out - normally the whole apartment would need to be repainted, but we negotiated with  the owner because the rest of the apartment is in good shape.  Unfortunately, the three rooms that didn't have fresh paint seem to have a smoky film all over them.  I think the previous tenants or owners smoked cigars - I found many in the planters on the balcony.  This smoky film is causing me to have to apply two coats of paint, instead on the one I was hoping to do.  The master bath is complete.  The master bedroom is 1/3 complete and the rest needs a second coat.  Then, all I have left is Brandon's room.  I actually like painting and have enjoyed doing it in our house in Corvallis, but this project is annoying me.  Oh well, you do what you have to do.  

Brandon spent part of the evening double checking his list for his 2 night school trip.  They leave tomorrow morning and will return on Friday night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment