About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reading

On Tuesdays I read with students in the Transition (Kindergarten in the US) class. I continue to be amazed at how quickly they are developing their reading skills. Its such a key element in their development.

At the beginning of the year I was telling most of the story to the students. As we progressed, they began to tell me the story from the pictures. Now, most of them read the simple stories and a couple of them are reading beyond Transition level.

I challenge all of you to volunteer in your schools. Its such a rewarding experience to see the children grow and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment