About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow and the Final Christmas Show

We woke up to light snow on the ground this morning, with a mix of snow and sleet coming down as I walked Brandon to school. 

I had to pickup a few last minute supplies for the last Christmas show this afternoon.  I headed out and realized how bad the roads were.  It took me 45 minutes to go 6 km (3.6 miles) to Auchan.  I spent about 15 minutes in the store, then it took an hour to get back home. 

It's not that the roads were all that bad.  I grew up in Colorado, so driving in snow does not bother me.  The bad part is that this is not normal and regular weather for this region, so most people are not accustomed to it.  The highways were like a parking lot, and all roads leading to them were not much better and getting worse and more snow/sleet came down. 

The school Christmas show went on as scheduled.  The administration decided that parents had to pickup their kids anyway, so why not go on with the show. 

The show was great.  Todays show was performed by grades 3, 4, & 5.  The performed skits, poems, original songs and finished off with the choir singing Christmas songs.  It was truly a festive occasion. 

This evening we were brave and ventured out into the sub-zero temperatures for dinner at our neighborhood Chinese restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment