About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I was the last one up again today.  I think I woke up around 9:15 or so.  It's another rainy day in Vedano al Lambro.  The forecast calls for a high of 6 degrees C (about 42 F). 

Well, today was a lazy day at home.  We didn't go out, except for a quick walk over to the supermarket for some Coca Cola and aluminum foil. 

We bought a gift basket for our portinia.  Katrina and Brandon went down to give the gift to Anna and her husband.  They are such nice people and always love to chat with Brandon.  When he came back upstairs he told me about all the 'wet kisses' Anna gave him. 

We spent the afternoon prepping for our Christmas Eve dinner - turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.  The turkey only took a little over two hours to cook - it was a 2.4 kg turkey, just perfect for three of us with some leftovers. 

Brandon opened one gift, as is our tradition.  He chose one he thought might be a book, and he was right.  It was a Horrible Histories activity book.  That kept him busy for part of the evening. 

Dinner tasted great.  We really enjoyed the mashed potatoes and stuffing.  Katrina says that we cooked a turkey so we would have drippings for gravy.  I think she is right. 

After dinner we finished watching "It's a Wonderful Life".  We started it the other night but were too tired to finish it. 

It's Christmas Eve.  I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment