About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Ha Nevicato la Scorsa Notte

It snowed last night!  We woke up to a dusting of snow and 1 degree celcius.  Cold!   We didn't know if Brandon's school field trip would be cancelled or not, but no messages this mornig, so off he went to catch the bus.  Grades 3 - 5  are went into Milan to see an orchestra perform. 


I ran a few errands in the morning, stopping at the Macellaria to pickup our turkey - 6.4 kilos/14.1lbs for 7 adults and 3 children.  I also stopped at the post office and the supermarket.  The snow kept coming down in big flakes, mostly melting on impact.  They are big wet flakes.  I think its wetter than when it rains!

I spent a good part of the afternoon working on hotel plans and reservations for our Madrid / Lisbon trip in January.  Now I need to make plans for a weekend trip to London.  Yes, we hope to go back to London for a few days.  Our time to freely travel in Europe is beginning to run out.  We have so much we want to see. 

This evening Katrina and Brandon made two pumpkin pies for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.  Last night Katrina made cranberries.  Tomorrow we do the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment