About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Auchan on a Rainy Sunday

We woke up to another rainy day in Vedano al Lambro.

Today is our last day with Mom & Dad. They fly home bright and early tomorrow morning.

Late this morning we headed to Auchan to buy some items Mom & Dad wanted to bring home, as well as do a little grocery shopping. I think we spent 2 or more hours in the store. Mom and Dad bought some wines and chocolates to bring back with them.

When we returned, Katrina suggested we go out to lunch, so we did. We had lunch at Fahau, our local Chinese restaurant. We called it Mom and Dads "Last Italian Supper", although it was Chinese.

Late this evening I had to take Katrina to the hotel she will be staying at for the next few days. Katrina expects to be working long days, with late night dinners at the hotel, so she thought it would be easiest if she just stayed there. I think we will pick her up on Thursday evening.

Mom, Dad, Brandon and I hung out this evening. We ended up watching "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". Wow, what a powerful movie. I can see why it won some awards.

Tomorrow Mom and Dad head home. It's been great having them with us for two weeks. Time flew by too fast though. I'm glad they were able to experience our lives here in Italy. Brandon was very sad and upset at bedtime. It took him almost 45 minutes for finally fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment