About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Big Intentions

I had big intentions today. I was going to do something fun for myself. I had the flexibility. Katrina is in Corvallis, so I don't have a dinner time or car issue. Brandon is sleeping over at his friend Vincent's house tonight, so I don't need to worry about him. I am free of obligation until noon tomorrow.

I even dreamed of a a crazy day trip to Lucerne Switzerland, its only 2 hours and 37 minutes from our house....ok, maybe 3 hours realistically. There is a great model shop there that I was unable to visit during our July Switzerland trip. I could have been on the road by 10am, arrived there by 1, shopped, walked around, had lunch and returned home by this evening.

Heck, I'm American. A 3 hour drive for the day is not a big deal. I've done day trips from Corvallis to Seattle and back; as well as to Hood River and back. I could have done it, and it would have been fun.

Now its 2:45 and I am at home. I didn't go. I'm not sure why. I did have a 9am coffee meeting with some school parents, which was important. I could have been on the road by 10am. I did have to buy some popcorn, juice, cups and bowls for the PAB movie tomorrow afternoon, but that only took less than an hour and could have been done tonight or tomorrow morning. I could have, I could have, I could have. Why didn't I? When will the stars align for me to do something like that again?

Katrina has declared this last year in Italy as our year of no regrets. We want to experience all we can in the 9 months we have left. Hmmm.

I think this may be a day of regret....

No comments:

Post a Comment