About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Heading Home


We headed home today. It was about a 5 hour drive back to Vedano al Lambro.

The first part of the drive was interesting. We started out in France. Our hotel was on the French side of Geneva. We crossed into Switzerland to get on the highway which took us back into France for about an hour before driving through Mount Blanc and entering Italy.


Mount Blanc - the dashboard view


Mount Blanc from the French side


Lined up to pay the toll (28 euro)before driving the 12 km through the mountain


Mount Blanc from the Italian side

We arrived home around 2pm. Travelling is such a wonderful experience, but sometimes there is no place like home.

I quickly slipped back into my home routine. I had clothes to wash...a weeks worth, groceries to stock up on at Auchan and dinner to cook.

No worries, life is good. We are living in Italy and, while it seems normal much of the time, I am still awed and sometimes think it is a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment