About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Long Bike Ride

Today Brandon and I took a long bike ride. Brandon's goal has been to add 1 km (one way) to our daily ride. So today, he wanted to ride 15km.

We did just that. We hit the end of the bike path that we have been following. At the end the patch turns three directions. We tried them all. Two of the directions ended in deadends. The third ended on a side street that near my usual road ride route.

I figured it was time for Brandon to get some more road experience. Up to this point he was riding really well today. He even pushed me hard up two short climbs. My legs took a long time to warm up today and he took advantage of that. He even passed another cyclist who was taking it easy, who yelled "Che Veloce!" - (How fast! literally, or Wow, you are fast!). When we took a water break in a shady tunnel, the man caught us and talked to Brandon in Italian. He was impressed with Brandon's riding and with his bike.

Ok, so we reached the end of the trail and decided to return home via my road route.

Brandon did great riding in traffic. Unlike when I ride alone and like an Italian, we followed the rules of the road and stopped at red lights.

This evening we enjoyed some gelato after dinner...its been so hot this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment