About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Vet Appointment



I had an appointment with the vet this morning. It was originally scheduled for last Monday evening, then the snowstorm hit, so I had to reschedule.

The vet office was recommended to us by one of Katrina's coworkers at ST. It is a small office, but they were very efficient and helpful. Stevie was given his annual rabies booster and a general checkup. No problems. I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. I loved it. And it only cost 40 euro. I cannot remember a time when a vet visit was anything less than $100 in Corvallis. That vet charges $60 just to see the pet.

I need to check into a pet passport. Having one and getting it stamped by the vet makes for less paperwork when travelling from country to country. Although it is likely that the only other country Stevie will travel to is back to the US.

We decided to go out for lunch and thought Cinese sounded good. Unfortunately, our the restaurant that we usually eat at was closed. We found another Cinese restaurant closer to home and it was open and served very tasty food. Katrina had pollo con curry, I had pollo mandorle and Brandon had soup.

We had planned on going bowling but the lanes did not open until 3pm, so we headed home for a couple of hours.

We went bowling this evening. Bowling is fun, even Italian style (which is the same!!) Brandon bowled a a great game. Katrina and I did ok. Katrina thinks I have the Sloma bowling 'genes' since they are from the midwest and all bowl. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. She also thinks I should get a bowling team together when we move back to Corvallis. I thought it was funny at first, but now that I've had time to think, it actually sounds fun. Guys night out! Beer, bowling, fried food. Who's in?...Andy?....Errol?

Katrina and Brandon just made lemon bars for our movie this evening. We are going to introduce Brandon to an American classic - The Sound of Music - since we visited several of the locations in Salzburg this past August.

Later in the evening...Well, we watched The Sound of Music. We really enjoyed seeing the familiar sights and locations from our trip to Salzburg. It made the film a lot more fun to watch. Brandon was excited about seeing the sights, but the story was a bit boring for him.

Tomorrow we are waking up early and heading to Lugano, Switzerland for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment