About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lots of Snow!!


View from our balcony at 3:30 yesterday. The little bit of snow is leftover from Friday night.


View from our balcony this morning. We received 12 - 15 inches of snow last night.

Since we arrived home so late last night...this morning...we slept in. I had to get up when Rosella rang the doorbell. She arrived a half hour early for our Italian lesson. She was kind and waited patiently while Brandon and I dressed.

We had an average lesson. All three of us seemed a bit distracted. Rosella has been caring for her mother who is in the hospital. Brandon and I weren't all that focused because of the late night and the snow. We managed. We bought Rosella a nice scarf for Christmas and presented it to her since we won't see her for a couple of weeks.

After our lesson, we all dressed in our winter gear and headed outside. Brandon was the first one out the door. He was busy building trails through the snow when I headed out. We threw some snowballs, although the snow was really powdery.


Some snow even made it on to our balcony






Digging in the snow.


I told Brandon that I found a large chunk of snow that he should grab. He leaned over to get it and I shook the tree! - photo by Katrina

When Katrina came out we headed over to Parco di Monza to play and take pictures. It was so peaceful and beautiful. We had a great time playing in the snow and walking through the park.


The benches show how much snow we got.



Parco di Monza


Single snow angel


Double snow angels - photo by Katrina


- photo by Katrina


Buried boy - photo by Katrina

We returned home cold and hungry. After drying out, warming up and eating lunch, Brandon and I went back out to play in the snow. I love snow!! Brandon and I decided to build a snow fort. He gathered up piles of snow as I began building the walls.


Our small snow fort. Tomorrow we plan to double the height of the walls.

This evening we watched Ice Age while eating dinner...meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy and lingonberry sauce. The movie seemed appropriate with the weather outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment