About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Love Snow!

Wow, Brandon and Katrina let me sleep until 9:45. I don't know when they got up?

It is sunny and the snow is melting. We had drizzle/sleet all through the night. It is supposed to hit 46 today. That will feel like a heat wave compared to the last week.

Brandon is already outside playing in the snow. He wants me to join him. Brandon told me that he had rolled a 'huge' snowball last night. I thought he was exaggerating a bit, but when I saw it this morning I was amazed he had been able to move it. It was huge!

We decided to take his snowball and make a much bigger one to build a snowman. We rolled it until the two of us couldn't push it anymore, then proceeded to turn it into a snowman. What fun! I love snow!!



Katrina is working from home again today. Not much is happening at ST right now and HP Corvallis is on break.

I went shopping at Auchan this afternoon. We needed to stock up for the holiday since we don't think anything will be open. We also wanted to find some ingredients to make a gingerbread house, one of our Christmas Eve traditions. We settled for some oversized crackers and the usual candies for decorating. I'll post pictures on Thursdays blog.

Late this afternoon Brandon and I took a walk into downtown Vedano to 'buy' some money at the bancomat. The exchange rate has dropped in the last week from 1.50 to 1.43! Along the way we say several interesting things:


Brandon getting ready to attack me with snow.


These 'climbing Santas' are everywhere, on everyones balcony. I want one to bring back to the US.


This show has been setup in Parco di Matteotti, over the wall from our apartment.


The butcher shop. When you buy a bird, you get the whole bird - feet, head, beak, some feathers, etc.


Playing in the snow on the way home from the bancomat.

Katrina and I watched several episodes of 30Rock this evening. We are now finished with season 1. What a funny show! We also watched Ice Age again with Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment