About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Italian Tuesday

Its a cloudy and humid morning in Vedano. The forecast calls for some rain showers, but we haven't had any yet.

I'm feeling pretty good after yesterdays bike ride. I thought my legs would be sore after all the climbing I had to do, but so far I don't feel anything. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow when I ride again.

I am so bummed. I was informed by a parent at school that the World Championships of Cycling, which I watched on TV on Saturday, were being held just over the Swiss border from Como. Had I known, I would have acually gone to see the road race.

Last nights movie, Angels and Demons, was a nice outing. I remembered parts of the story, but I read the book so long ago that many parts surprised me. I thought the movie was a bit too graphic, otherwise it was a fun two hours of entertainment. It was my first Italian theater experience. Essentially it was the same as home, popcorn, soda, candy, stadium seating, but no previews or commercials beforehand.
They also had caffe and other Italian treats as well. The Monza theater shows a movie in English every Monday night. The movies on the list are not necessarily all on my top wish list, but I'll probably go see a few. Next weeks selection is I Love Radio Rock. I won't be seeing that because Katrina has to work that night.

My Italian lesson went pretty well today. I made some progress. I found out that I only have 16 lessons left - 4 weeks. Hmmm, I still have a lot to learn.

This afternoon I kept busy cleaning bathrooms, washing windows and dusting.


This is our washing machine. I can wash about two days worth of clothes (3 of us) at a time = about 3-4 bathroom towels = sheets from 1 bed, etc.

Brandon had a tough Italian day today. He just wasn't motivated. I'll let that slide, but making excuses and not even trying didn't go over well with me.

I made maccheroni gratinati al forno for dinner this evening. We complimented dinner with some red wine, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment