About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday in Italy - Labor Day in the US

Its a new day.  The sun is shining at is supposed to hit 80 today.  This is much more in line with my kind of temperatures. 

I spent the morning cleaning the house:  laundry, dishes, picking up random things, sweeping, mopping, etc.  We have tried to let Brandon take care of his room, letting him decorate and keep it clean on his own. On the other hand, I have also been working on getting him to spend 10 minutes or less cleaning up his room a bit each night before bedtime.  Then, days like today, its just best to give his room a good cleaning while he is away in school.  Sometimes its even best to make a few things 'disappear' from his room, and most of the time he never misses it. 

Katrina asked me to purchase some "Last Supper" tickets for November when Carolyn, Heather and Laurie will be here.  I was able to find enough tickets for the 3:34 showing on the 8th.  Its amazing how one painting is so difficult to see unless you reserve tickets in advance. 

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  Its not a holiday here in Italy.  Its becoming easier to forget the American holidays.  Its not intentional.  We just don't hear or think about them here, so we forget. 

I decided to go for a bike ride this afternoon.  I had intended on going for one this morning, but ended up cleaning the house instead.  It wasn't a hard ride, but very enjoyable.  Its very nice outside today and I needed some fresh air to clear my mind. 

Katrina emailed me about coming home early and having a movie night.  She doesn't have to work tonight since its Labor Day in Corvallis.  We are going to watch the 4th Harry Potter movie, since Brandon recently finished the book. 

We are having gnocchi, bread sticks and asparagus for dinner - with red wine of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment