About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chinese Lunch and Cowboys & Aliens

I picked up my dad for lunch this afternoon.  We were supposed to have lunch with one of his coworkers who was interested in our experiences in Italy.  His coworker was unable to make it, so we headed to lunch on our own.

Dad took me to one of his favorite Chinese restaurants and it was pretty good.  From past experience with American Chinese food, I expected it to be heavy and filling.  Not at this place.  The sauces were light and very tasty, without being overfilling.

This evening I made bruscheta to go along with a salad Brooke provided.  After dinner all of us headed to the theater to see Cowboys & Aliens.

So, I must say I was really looking forward to this movie.  We've all seen alien movies that take place in 'modern' times or the future, but the concept of aliens visiting during the wild west period sounded new and interesting.  Why not?  If we could have aliens now, why not back then?!

The movie let me down.  It let all of us down.  The plot lacked...well, a plot.  There was so much potential and we all left feeling like we wasted our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment