About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Volunteering

It's Tuesday.  On Tuesday mornings I volunteer in the ISM Transition (preschool) class.  Most of the time Ms Partridge has me reading with the children.  It's quite a bit different than reading with 5th graders. 

5th graders read to me so that they can practice their English, and their reading skills.  In Transition, I read to the children one on one, if there are words in the book.  Then we work on telling the story ourselves.  The children are getting pretty good at this and seem to enjoy it.  I know I do.

I drove Katrina to work today.  She had a late work related dinner and thought it would be easier to catch a ride home. 

After school I took Brandon to the toy store.  He had some money saved up and wanted to buy a space set - some figures, Apollo ships and a Space Shuttle.  They just finished a unit on space and he's all excited.

With sadness we leave November behind.  This was our last November in Italy and it was a good one.  My parents visited at the beginning of the month.  We also had a fantastic Thanksgiving with friends.  I guess all I can say is...bring on December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment