About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Counting in Italian

This past weekend Katrina had Brandon and I sit down and do her Italian lesson 5 with her (I am still on lesson 1). We learned to count to 20.

As I predicted, Katrina is very intent on learning as much Italian as she can before we move there. I think she is learning the language due to her sheer drive and ambition. Brandon picked it up pretty naturally and just flew through the lesson. I worked through it with enthusiasm, but picked it up much slower. All this seems to justify my prediction that the entire process of learning Italian will be just like this.

Brandn and I have been practicing the numbers each day. I get stuck occasionally and he helps me out. Its a little humbling, but I am also very proud of him. When he is interested, he soaks things up like a sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment