About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, March 18, 2011

It's Monday...No Wait, It's Friday

Today felt a little bit weird.  We had yesterday off for a national holiday, and now we are back to school and work and normal life for one day.  Today is Friday, but it feels like a Monday.

We've noticed that the US likes to bundle its 'day off' holidays around the weekend.  Three day weekends are usually normal.  Not always, but a lot of the time.  In Italy, they celebrate holidays on the day, no matter when it falls.  If that means everyone has Thursday off, then Friday back to work, then the weekend, so be it.

I must say today was a beautiful sunny and warm day.  I went for a nice 40 km bike ride to Lurago d'Erba and back.


View of the Alps from my turn around point in Lurago d'Erba

No comments:

Post a Comment