About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

La Scala

Its a sunny Sunday morning. Katrina woke up early to go to work for a few hours this morning. There are several HP personel arriving today for meetings this week. It will be a busy week for Katrina.

I had an aweful night of sleep. I'm not sure why? Brandon slept in until almost 9:30am. I wish I could have done that.

Brandon and I played Boom Blox on the Wii. What a fun game. We are being lazy slugs this morning.

Katrina came home from work around 11:30. I took a shower and decided to take a nap. When I woke up, she had gone off to work again. Brandon persuaded me to go for a bike ride, so we did. We rode over to Parco di Monza and ended up in the Autodromo watching motorcycle racing.

This evening we enjoyed an opera at the world famous Teatro alla Scala in Milano. I think this is the first time we have dressed up as a family since our Panama Canal cruise last year. We took the Metro into the city and enjoyed some gelati at Grom before heading to La Scala.

Le Convenienze ed Inconveienze Teatrali was the opera. Its an opera about the opera. Wow, what a magnificent opera house. Our box seats were very nice and had electronic translators built into the railing. Brandon enjoyed the first half, but lost interest by intermission. He moved behind us and went to sleep for the second half. The opera began at 8pm and I think we got out of there around 10:40pm. It was an experience of a lifetime. I was skeptical that I would like it, but the opera was full of humor and had an interesting story. I think I'd even be willing to go back again.

We took the Metro back to our car and delivered Katrina to her hotel. She is staying in a hotel near ST until Thursday. There are people here from HP Corvallis for some important meetings this week. Meetings that will last all day and into the evenings, so Katrina thought it would be easiest to stay at the hotel where they are staying. Brandon and I will pick her up on Thursday evening.

Brandon and I arrived home at midnight. Oh, tomorrow morning will be a joy to wakeup and get ready for school.

26 Week Gelati Count: 131
26 Week Wine Bottle Count: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment